Flood Mitigation Program - Hurricanes, Nor'easters, or even heavy rain could be threats to Delawareans. Just a few inches of rainfall can cause significant damage to homes and businesses.
To see if you are in an area affected by the Floodplain Ordinance, please click on the following: Middletown Floodplain (2013 map)
The link below will take you to the Town of Middletown's recently-adopted Floodplain Management Ordinance:
- Town of Middletown Floodplain Ordinance
- Please see the following Technical Bulletins (referenced in the Floodplain Ordinance above)
- Technical Bulletin I
- Technical Bulletin 2
- Technical Bulletin 3
- Technical Bulletin 4
- Technical Bulletin 7
- Technical Bulletin 8
The links below provide information on flooding and flood-related topics within the Delaware Division of Watershed Stewardship:
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency homepage)
- FEMA Flood Maps - FEMA has issued floodplain maps in the Middletown area. Please click on the maps below to view/download them.
- Floodplain Studies: To view the floodplain studies done in the Middletown area, click on the links below.
Emergency Checklist: In the event of a flood emergency, residents should be prepared with an emergency kit. Please see the recommended FEMA emergency checklist for ideas and suggestions for handling an emergency: Emergency Checklist