Free EKG screening at MHS
|Date:||December 6, 2014|
|Time:||10:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
Heart In The Game announces its 4th FREE EKG screening event at Middletown High School on Saturday, Dec. 6, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Open to ALL Delaware students ages 10 to 19
The stations include:
· FREE EKG screening by certified techs. Results will be evaluated by pediatric cardiologists
· Training in Hands Only CPR and use of the AED (Automated External Defibrillator) by New Castle County paramedics (Parents are STRONGLY encouraged to train with their children)
· AAA Safety Foundation - "Drink, Drive, Disaster"
Whole Child - A Nemours project to ensure that each student is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged
There will be a $15 registration fee for the event. This is fully refundable when parents and students attend the event
Join our FB group of the same name.
Vendor tables available. We expect approx. 400 students & parents.
Online Registration: http://www.heartinthegame.org/forms.html
The electrocardiogram (ECG) is a simple, painless, NON-INVASIVE 5-minute test that measures and records the electrical activity of the heart.
FAST FACTS ON SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST
· The # 1 medical cause of death in student athletes during sports participation.
· 1 in 100 students screened have a heart abnormality or cause for concern
· SCA kills approximately 2000 students a year, the risk being 2-3 times greater in student athletes.
· ECG Screening will detect approximately 85% of the heart conditions leading to SCA.
CONTACT: Greer Firestone 302.494.3133