Drug Take-Back Event
|Date:||October 26, 2013|
|Time:||10:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
National Take-Back Initiative (NTBI)
On Saturday, October 26, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., DEA will coordinate a collaborative effort with state and local law enforcement agencies focused on removing potentially dangerous controlled substances from our nation’s medicine cabinets. A national take-back day will provide a unified opportunity for the public to surrender expired, unwanted, or unused pharmaceutical controlled substances and other medications to law enforcement officers for destruction. This one-day effort will bring national focus to the issue of pharmaceutical controlled substance abuse.
Collection Day Protocols
- Middletown Police Department, 130 Hamden Road, Middletown, will host a collection site.
- Controlled, non-controlled, and over-the-counter medications will be collected.
- Participants will remove any personal information from bottles or packages that contain pills/capsules and liquids and place the bottles or packages into the disposal box.
- Liquid products and creams in its containers will be accepted.
- Sharps and syringes will not be accepted due to the potential hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens.
- marijuana or methamphetamine are not a part of this initiative and should not be placed in the collection boxes.